● Lunch: Chicken Patty Sandwich, Carrots, Pineapple and Milk
1. Next week on Tuesday & Wednesday you will have to return your ChromeBook back to the school. Be sure to remove any papers, pens, mouse or anything else out of your case before you turn your device in. The only thing that should be in your case pouch is your charger, charger cable, and your case strap. Make sure the charger and charger cable is yours. If it's not or you do not have it, you will be charged for the charger and cable. When you turn your device in, please place your case strap inside the case pouch. You MUST turn in your device during the scheduled time. If you have any questions, please contact the Tech Department.
2. Boys varsity boys track team will be leaving on Thursday at 4:15 for track sectional at Perry Central High School. Please be prepared to turn in uniforms and sweats following the meet.
3. Congratulations to our Lady softball girls for getting the win over Springs Valley last night at Senior night 13-12. Emilee Wagler hit her second homerun of the season.
4. The Jr High girls track and field team will have their end of season event today (Wed 17th) after school from 3-4:30. There will be food and games. Bring your uniform and warm-ups if you haven't turned them in yet. Meet at the locker room.
5. ISE SUMMER CAMPS 2017, Come make and shape the future! Explore Wearables, Sentient Architecture, Augmented Reality, Robotics, Digital Fabrication, Drawing Machines and more. Find more info at camps.engineering.indiana.edu
6. Seniors, bring your caps and gown for a hallway walkthrough TOMORROW at 2:30 in the elementary.
7. Thursday is the last day to sign up for Miss Martin County. See Mrs. Hovis if interested!
8. The Dance clinic for next years dance team will be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after school until 4:30 in the blue multi purpose room this week. This is open to all 7 - 12 students!
9. As many of you know, sports physicals expire as of June 1 of this year. BY the rules, no one should be practicing without a physical on file for summer workouts. This year, we are offering our Sports Physicals Night on May 25th from 4-8PM. The physical is FREE to any Shoals student grades 7-12.Come on out & get your physical for free.
10. The next Mayor's Youth Council meeting will be here at Shoals on May 18th during lunch at 11:45 in Mrs. Heckard's classroom.
11. Jr High Track athletes. Please turn in your uniform and warm ups to either Mr. Kirtland or Mr. Dahlen ASAP. Thank you!
12. All Library Books need to be returned to the library by Wednesday, May 17th. Thank You.
13. The Shoals Jr/Sr High School annual Talent Show will be on Tuesday, May 23rd at 1:00. If you are interested in participating, please pick up a form from the office. Applications are due by May 17th! Contact Alex Tedrow or Mr. Sherfick for more details.
14. The Girls' Varsity Track & Field made the trek to Perry Central last night to compete in the sectional. Dejah Watson finished 8th in Discus, the 400 relay team of Chloe Spencer, Lori Albright, Katrina Sipes, and Amber Fields finished 7th, and Zetta Gore saved her best for last by notching her PR in the Shot on her final throw of the season. Oh, and did I mention...Maggie Shaw finished 3rd in the high jump! Which means she advances to the Regional meet in Evansville next Tuesday night!!!!! Way to go girls!
Pride Expectation of the Day!!!
We have 6 days left make the best out of each of those days
Quote of the Day
The right way is not always the popular and easy way. Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character.
-Margaret Chase Smith
- Last Updated: 17 May 2017