Daily Announcements for January 6, 2016
- Good morning to you all!
- Lunch: Quesadilla, Baked Beans, Peaches, Vanilla Pudding and Milk
- Juniors we need a few more concession workers for this Friday v. Washington Catholic. We also need workers next Friday v. North Knox and next Saturday v. Springs Valley. Prom is fast approaching work now or pay later. Sign up in the art room.
- Students in grades 9-12 interested in participating on the academic team should sign up in room 107 with Mrs. Rue. The theme for this year is Hoosier Heritage. Students may sign up to participate in two of the following teams: Social Studies, Science, Math, English, and Fine Arts.
- Robotics Club will meet TODAY 3:00pm-5:30pm
- Any boys interested in playing baseball, there will be a sign up for High school and Junior High outside the High School Office.
- Jr high Boys basketball, both 7th and 8th grade boys basketball fell to Paoli.
- Girls Varsity basketball, the Jug Rox came away with a tough, hard fought victory over Mitchell last night at home 49-43. Allison Boyd 18 pts 7 reb, Megan Hawkins 14 pts 9 reb, Dejah Watson 5 pts 9 reb, Emilee Wagler 4 pts 11 reb
- Students, please be aware of the dress code rules regarding spandex, hoods, and hats. If you have any questions, please consult the office and/or the Handbook. Thank you in advance for modifying your dress to follow the rules.
- Seniors: The GPC Washington Employees Scholarship is now open to dependents of GPC employees. See Mr. Sherfick for a link to the online application. Deadline is February 1, 2016.
- The United Methodist Church of Shoals is offering free tutoring on Thursday’s after school from 3:15pm-4:15pm.
- There will be an information night for the Ivy Tech ASAP Program on Thursday January 7 from 5-7pm at our Main Campus. There will also be a drawing for a free ASAP class. The ASAP Program is a selective one year Associate degree program for students interested in Education, Business, Liberal Arts or attaining 60 general education credits before transfer to a four year college. The program is grant funded and has many scholarship opportunities for students. See Mr. Sherfick for additional information!!
- Character Quote of Day: “Two important things are to have a genuine interest in people and to be kind to them. Kindness, I’ve discovered, is everything in life.”—Isaac Singer
- Remember, today is your day to be the best Jug Rox you can be!