Daily Announcements for January 25, 2016
$11. Good morning to you all!
$12. Lunch: Soft Shell Taco, Corn, Mandarin Oranges and Milk
$13. Academic Team practices will be held after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays in room 107. Practices will start at 3:30 and end at 4:15.
$14. Girls Varsity Basketball beat Medora 65-24
$15. Tomorrowis your last chance to order your Coaches vs Cancer shirts forthis Saturday's game against South Knox. Adult shirts are $15, youth are $12. Stop by the main office and pick up your form today!!
$16. Pokemon Club after school in the cafeteria Monday, January 25th. After school until4:30.
$17. The Beta Club will be having a book drive through the month of January. They would like everyone to donate ANY new, used or unwanted books; there will be boxes placed around the school for the donations. Any books, levels K-12, will be accepted. All books collected will be given to Shoals students. Please help promote literacy in the school!
- Seniors: The GPC Washington Employees Scholarship is now open to dependents of GPC employees. See Mr. Sherfick for a link to the online application. Deadline is February 1, 2016.
- The United Methodist Church of Shoals is offering free tutoring on Thursday’s after school from 3:15pm-4:15pm.
- Daviess-Martin County REMC is offering applications for their Youth Tour to Washington, D.C. This is a FREE trip D.C.! Applications are in the high school office.
- All seniors planning to attend college next fall should attend the Financial Aid Information Meeting, along with a parent/guardian, TONIGHT. The meeting will be held in the high school library and begin at6:30 PM. The purpose of the meeting is to provide seniors and their parents/guardians with information about state and federal student financial aid programs. A VU financial aid administrator will lead the meeting. Mr. Sherfick will have additional information as well. Plan now to attend this meeting TONIGHT!
- Character Quote of Day: “You can talk for hours about something, or you can spend 30 minutes actually doing it.”—Miles Overholt
- Remember, today is your day to be the best Jug Rox you can be!