● Lunch: Stuffed Crust Pizza, Mixed Veggies, Pineapple and Milk
1. Congratulations to last night's music awards recipients. For the Elementary Band, Cassidy Bruner - Most Improved, Alexis Rush - Most Outstanding, For the Junior High Band, 7th Grade Most Outstanding - Jaden Jones, 8th Grade Most Outstanding - Mallory Waggoner, Most Improved - Chloe Qualkenbush, For the High School Chorus, Most Improved - Sara Craft, Senior Chorus Award - Megan Lampert, For the High School Band-9th Grade Most Outstanding - Robert Sullivan, 10th Grade Most Outstanding - Lori Albright, 11th Grade Most Outstanding - Robert Bough, Most Improved - Josh Richardson, John Philip Sousa Award - Alex Tedrow
2. There will be a Boys Basketball meeting today at 12:10 in Mr.Abel's room for current high school students. There will be a Boys Basketball meeting in Mr.Abel's room at 1:00 for incoming Freshmen.
3. The Gamma Iota chapter of Psi Iota Xi would like to announce a scholarship opportunity. As a sorority, we believe in furthering charitable enterprises & in studying the best of art, literature, music, as well as, speech & hearing. Therefore, any senior at Shoals Community High School who plans to pursue a career in one of the aforementioned fields is invited to apply for the scholarship. The scholarship in the amount of $500, will be awarded at Honors Night.Mr. Sherfick has the scholarship application. Return it to him on or before Monday May 15, 2017!
4. Road Star Driving School will be here on Thursday during high school lunch to register students for Summer Drivers Ed. A $100 deposit is needed at the time of registration.
5. FFA Banquet is May 11th. If you plan on attending see Mr. McAlister for details. Anyone who has been in Agriculture classes is invited.
6. Coach Howell and Coach Kelsey will be hosting lunch on May 11th for incoming young ladies that will be playing high school basketball next season. We will be discussing upcoming plans and schedules for the summer months. Also, we will be having our ball signing from our sectional runner up team as well. So, Seniors please plan on stopping by as well. We look forward to seeing you all that day. Be sure to bring your schedules with you as we plan things out!.
7. The Shoals Jr/Sr High School annual Talent Show will be on Tuesday, May 23rd at 1:00. If you are interested in participating, please pick up a form from the office. Applications are due by May 17th! Contact Alex Tedrow or Mr. Sherfick for more details.
Pride Expectation of the Day!!!
We have 11 days left do as much as you can within those amount of days
Quote of the Day
Simplicity in character, in manners, in style; in all things the supreme excellence is simplicity.