We strongly discourage meal charges, but understand that an occasional family emergency may make it necessary. The Shoals Community School Corporation meal charge policy for students is as follows:
1. A student may not charge or carry a negative balance of -$12.00. After a negative balance of -$12.00 is reached, the student must either bring a lunch from home or the school will provide a minimal lunch consisting of a sandwich and a drink until the charges are all paid.
2. The parent will be notified after a negative balance of -$6.00 is reached. A notice will be sent biweekly requesting prompt payment until the charges are paid.
3. All charges must be paid within ten (10) days of the date charged.
4. A student may not charge any breakfast without a note from the parent.
5. A student will not be allowed to charge an a la carte item.
- Last Updated: 25 October 2011